Thursday, November 11, 2010

Harriet Tubman

About me:

  • I was born in 1820  

    ·        in Dorchester, Maryland, United States

  • I had no formal education when I was younger
  • I am notable because I was an Underground Railroad conductor, Civil War scout, Union Army nurse, scout, and spy
  • None of the fugitives I guided were captured, including my whole family
  • My contribution to American history was being an abolitionist, helping slaves become free,  and fighting for women's rights in America, especially the right to vote. 

Issues:

  • I was involved with Women's rights, allowing women to vote, and abolitionism 
  • I am for abolitionism and I feel that women should have more rights
  • I was motivated by my history, meaning that I went through slavery and since I was free, I wanted to help others as well.

Solutions:

  • I end up being a huge founder of the Underground Railroad and help over 200 slaves become free
  • I am very successful for contributing to the abolishment of slavery and women's rights
  • The main obstacle I had to face was not getting caught by the government
  • The only criticism I received was from people who believed in slavery and no women's rights

Relationship to others:

  • I feel that I would get along best with Susan B. Anthony, Margaret Fuller, and Sojourner Truth
  • I feel that I wouldn't get along with Henry Clay

Sacksteder

No comments:

Post a Comment