Friday, November 12, 2010




Henry David Thoreau


Personal Information
· I was born the 12th of July in 1817
· I was born in Concord Massachusetts
· I studied and graduated at Harvard University and Concord Academy
· I have written Walden and Civil Disobedience
· I have provided a new way of looking at life, and being able to stand back and decide what I was meant to live for.
Issues
· I was very much against slavery and having to be ruled and governed by an unjust government
· I believe that a person should stand up for what they believe in. A person should live their life the way they want it, and need not be bound by the rules of government, nor be afraid to by judged and just.
· I found my motivation by leaving to a cabin near a pond and experiencing nature firsthand, apart from the pressures of the world
Solutions
· I am able to say that my solution for slavery and an unjust government is to be just. As I once said, “Under a government that prisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also prison.”


Wordle
http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/2717529/Henry_Thoreau




No comments:

Post a Comment