Thursday, November 11, 2010

Susan B. Anthony


  • Born February 5th, 1820 in Adams, Massachusetts
  • Died March 13th, 1906 in Rochester, New York
  • Nationality: American
  • Occupation: Civil Rights Activist
  • in 1839, Teacher in New York school system
  • known as the "Napoleon of feminism"
  • strong supporter of women's rights
  • fought against slavery
  • helped pave way to the 19th amendment
  • attended a local district school

Issues:

I don't believe that people should be treated differently just because of their race or because of their gender. I believe that everyone should be treated equally and everyone should have the same opportunities. I challenge the government because of my strong belief that one day we won't all be so segregated.

Solutions:

I founded many Women's Rights Associations. I fought for as long as I could since I knew there would be a limit. I also published a journal called "The Revolution" to promote Women and African American suffrage.

Binkowski

3 comments:

  1. I would feel most comfortable sitting next to you because we have the same opinion on women's rights and I feel that we have a lot it common. Plus, we have talked before about women's rights. I think that we would talk about what we did to change women's rights in America and we would share stories on how we did that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would feel most comfortable sitting next to you because we both devoted most of our lives, and even became friends, over the issue of women's suffrage. I also preached immensely on the topic of African American freedoms, which is another topic that you have talked to me about before. COnsidering you are my friend and have worked with me on numerous accounts, we would stay occupied and comfortable at the Dinner Party. - Sojourner Truth

    ReplyDelete