Friday, November 12, 2010

Henry Thoreau

Biography

  • I was born on July 12, 1817 in Concord Massachusetts.

  • I attended Concord Academy then entered Harvard in 1833 as a scholarship student, graduating in 1837.

  • I was a significant transcendentalist writer, but my brilliance was largely omitted until later years.

  • I contributed to Martin Luther's protest ideology in American history and to Gandhi in Indian History.

  • Find and include a picture of the person you are researching.


Issues

  • I was involved in the issue of slavery and personal improvement.

  • My stance on slavery is that it is repulsive and that people should strive to improve themselves.

  • My motivation is my transcendentalist philosophy, which makes me strive to follow my values above all else.


Solutions

  • My solution to slavery is that people are to improve themselves and convince others individually to oppose slavery.

  • My person was did not make much of an impact and unsuccessful.


Relationship to others

  • My best friend is Ralph Waldo Emerson, while I dislike Jackson's policies.

  • I support temperance because clean was is so much better than alcohol.

  • Abolition is a worthy cause worth supporting.

  • I do not affiliate myself with any side regarding education, though I have been a teacher, or prison, though I have gone to jail.

  • I believe that living alone is a utopian way of life.

  • I strongly support transcendentalism and following higher values.


Wordle for "Civil Disobedience"
                 title="Wordle: Civil Disobedience">         src="http://www.wordle.net/thumb/wrdl/2718190/Civil_Disobedience"
alt="Wordle: Civil Disobedience"
style="padding:4px;border:1px solid #ddd">

Galusza

No comments:

Post a Comment