Sunday, November 14, 2010

Andrew Jackson



Personal Background:
· March 15, 1767.
· Waxhaw country, between North and South Carolina.
· Not really, I did study law in Salisbury, North Carolina, though.
· I was a strong leader, and a great warrior. I served in the military and did what I had to do ruthlessly. I was also America’s 7th president.
· I paid off the national debt.
· I made America a stronger democratic country.
· I brought the common man in government

Issues:
· The National Bank.
· Removal of Indians
· Nullification Crisis
· I was against the national bank, but I had mixed feelings towards the Indian removal. I was against the Nullification Crisis.
· The National Bank was gaining too much power and I felt that the Union should be kept. We also need room to expend our strong country.

Solutions:
· The Indians will be only voluntarily removed.
· I enforce the Force Bill
· I vetoed the re-chapter bill and moving the federal deposits in state banks.
· I successfully resolved all of the issues, but I faced many criticisms from the Whigs. They believed that I was trying to transfer more power for myself. I had to sign the Compromise of 1833 in order to deal South Carolina, find funds for the Indian Removal, and face Nicholas Biddle while vetoing the bank.

Relationships to Others:
· I disliked the Whigs.
· I was not concerned about other reforms, because I was too busy with mine.


Wordle: Untitled

Toni Milushev

No comments:

Post a Comment